Sample Question Paper 2016-2017
CBSE Class: XII
Subject: Home Science (064)
Time: 3 Hrs, Maximum Marks: 70
- All questions are compulsory.
- There are in all 25 questions.
- Question no. 1-6 are of 1 mark, to be answered in one or two lines.
- Question no. 7-13 are of 2 marks, to be answered in 10-20 words.
- Question no. 14-15 are of 3 marks, to be answered in 20-30 words.
- Question no. 16-21 are of 4 marks, to be answered in 40 words.
- Question no. 22-25 are of 5 marks, to be answered in 50-60 words.
- Support your answer with suitable examples and figures wherever required One mark questions
One mark questions
1. What do you mean by cephalon caudal principle of development? Give one example. (1)
2. Mention any two impacts of media on adolescents. (1)
3. Why it is important to provide calcium to a nursing mother? Give two reasons. (1)
4. Write two features of DWCRA. (1)
5. Point out one benefit and one limitation of investment in shares. (1)
6. What is the effect of vertical lines in an apparel on the body shape of a person? (1)
Two mark questions
7. Adolescents are more vulnerable to substance abuse. Write any four consequences of it. (2)
8. Present one difference and one similarity between General Provident Fund (GPF) and Public Provident Fund (PPF). Specify one common benefit of both. (2)
9. What are the four ways by which a student can earn a living after studying Foods and Nutrition? (2)
10. Name any two items with ECO Mark and draw the logo of the same. (2)
11. Prepare a checklist of four points for a cook to maintain personal hygiene in the kitchen while cooking. (2)
12. Give any four long term goals for which a family should save money. (2)
13. Name a suitable chemical which can be used to purify drinking water when you are travelling. Describe the procedure of purifying water in three steps. (2)
Three mark questions
14. Give three suggestions with diagram to your tall and thin brother to choose a suitable design of kurta for him. (3)
15. At your home in the dinner- Fried Rice, Dal Palak and Boondi Raita has been served. Suggest three modifications in the menu for your father who is suffering from diarrhea to suit his nutritional requirement. Also, explain the reasons for modifications. (3)
Four mark questions
16. Peers can exert positive pressure or negative pressure on a teenager. Support this statement with four examples each. (4)
17. Write down the expansion of FSSAI. List down any six conditions under which food is considered adulterated under FSSAI. (4)
18. Prepare a format to record weekly family’s expenditure on food. State two advantages of recording this. (4)
19. Your uncle wants to invest some money in any saving scheme. Name any two schemes which could help him. Write two benefits and two drawbacks of these schemes. (4)
20. Give two ways each to create balance and Rhythm in a frock of 5-year-old girl. (4)
21. Briefly describe the steps of laundering woolen sweater at home and list some important precautions while washing the garment. (4)
Five mark questions
22. Name any two life style diseases. Give four dietary management for each of these diseases. (5)
23. Radha wants to buy a silk saree for wedding. Suggest any four points she should consider while selecting her saree and also guide her any six ways to store it. (5)
24. Your mother bought 2 kg of potatoes, but when she weighed them at home, they were less than that. Mention four ways through which the shopkeepers generally cheat their customers. Tell her at least six buying tips which can safeguard her from such frauds in future. (5)
25. Your friend Reeta is very short tempered. Over very small issues she starts shouting and throwing things. Explain her six strategies which would help her in controlling her anger. What could be the consequences of this behavior. (5)